Wednesday, October 1, 2008

This is what I do

I think I finally found a teaching position where I can really make a difference. My director is an amazing professional and is assisted by an equally impressive right hand man. I teach alongside a team of amazing instructors who would give the shirt off their back for our students. I am actually treated as a fellow teacher and not a "specials or elective" teacher - a first in my 8 year career. My students have the ability to achieve anything, they are extremely bright and extremely willing to learn the newest technologies introduced to them. Not only are they bright and excited to learn they are also extremely under estimated. The district I work in is 90% or more minority and 90% or more of them qualify for free or reduced lunch. They have been overlook as a loss for years and now they are stepping into the light and I have the privilege to watch them grow.

No comments: